FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Typo on name on Award Reservation
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:46 am
Grunion

Programs: AA EXP; AC 75k; UA Gold; Bonvoy Ambassador; Hertz Presidents Circle; Hilton Diamond
Thanks all for input

Thanks esp to AzTravelsTheWorld - knowing that it has not caused a hiccup on an award ticket, and specifically one with OZ is encouraging.

But I guess I'm confused on the "lack of availability" issue and KVS process and why simply reissuing the tickets with a fixed name is so problematic. Since there clearly is availability on the flights (since we grabbed the seats) is there not a way to "preserve" those available award seats while the ticket is promptly reissued ? It seems there is a fear that in the few minutes the agent needs to re-ticket with the proper name someone else would grab the seats that have ostensibly be returned to the "pool" of available award seats.

Wonder if a call from a US agent/manager to an OZ agent manager explaining the circumstances and requesting that the seats be "held" for purposes of re-ticketing is an option.

At this point I'm leaning towards "just winging it" but may try one escalation thru the US Gold desk to see and not sure on best approach.

Thanks
Grunion