FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Typo on name on Award Reservation
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:31 pm
Grunion

Programs: AA EXP; AC 75k; UA Gold; Bonvoy Ambassador; Hertz Presidents Circle; Hilton Diamond
Typo on name on Award Reservation

Need some advice on best next steps.

Booked a C class award LAX-ICN-HKG for myself and one other person for late November using DM miles via the Gold Desk. Travel is on OZ.

Immediately after booking, log in to my profile on USAirways.com to double-check reservation. All is fine except person travelling with me, name is misspelled (missing one letter) - it is a long 11 letter last name, and is fine but one letter short (so only 10 letters) - not the last letter mind you, just dropped one of two N's in the last name.

I call immediately back to reservation desk to get it fixed (within 10 minutes of booking). Agent is polite but tells me I have no option to fix other than voiding entire reservation, redepositing miles and starting from scratch. She says if I do that I will likely loose the outbound leg as there are no other C class seats available on the date I booked, and none for 4 days either direction. I ask if when I call OZ to get seat assignments I can get this fixed and she says "no, this is a US Airways ticket so only US Airways can fix it". I politely ask what she would advise as the best course of action and she indicates she would advise "winging it" on the day of travel and since its just one letter off Asiana will just look beyond it. Alternatively, on the day of travel only, she indicates a US Airways rep at LAX "may" be able to adjust the name, but this is not a given.

Any advice ?

I'm not terribly comfortable "winging" it as I don't want person travelling with me to be denied travel.

Thanks for the help
Grunion