FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does everybody hate on the UA BF product?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:04 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by seanp7
What do you call the J/C refurb over the last few years? AA's product improvements will take a while and many will be rolling the dice on whether they get a fully flat seat or not. On UA, they're ahead of the other (US) carrier, IMO.
I am talking about things that have occurred under Jeff, aka "changes you will like." The sCO and sUA business class upgrades (IPTE on UA) were well underway, with UA having done all 744/763s and started the 777s when the merger happened.

I don't give management credit for these anymore than I given them credit for having ordered the 787 first (Kellner did that, and for reasons having nothing to do with how the airline is now run). UAL is standing still at this point, its competition is not.

Also I don't know how "hit or miss" it is. DL has retrofitted entirely several of their fleets with a far far better hard product, and DL has better soft product. Since I know the routes that this is on, if I am buying J on those routes, I would prefer to take DL. Ditto the AA 77W routes.

But overall, the ONLY thing that UA has going for it is (1) more lie flats (an advantage that is wasting away, and any advantage that they have in (2) network or (3) MP. Its is hard to see the inflight package on UAL (either sCO or sUA) being particularly enticing if you are paying for F/C unless you are focused on getting GS.