FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does everybody hate on the UA BF product?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:25 am
SFOTurtle

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
FWIW, I rather like the BF seats. I also don't know what all of the fuss is about with aisle access. Yes -- I'd rather not have to step over someone, but that certainly beats some of the truly awful layuts and seats I've experienced (witness AC). Besides, when flying with someone it is nice to have the opportunity to sit next to my travelling companion. That could be done with no climb-over in a 1-2-1 layout, but on most aircraft that does not seem practical for the airlines from an operational perspective.
Why do you feel that the AC J seats and/or the layout are truly awful? I've flown that product from HKG to YVR, YYZ to SCL, and SCL to YYZ, and found them to be nice although perhaps not quite as comfortable as NZ's J seats with the same basic design. I would rate the NZ BP J hard product much higher than either of UA's current BF seats, and AC J a notch below, but I don't place a lot of value on being able to look out the window on long overnight flights, which all of my flights in AC or NZ long haul have been.