FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:08 am
FrugalLuxury

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Red face

Originally Posted by scubaccr
My personalised offer is STUPID STUPID STUPID ... all I will benefit from is 1k for first stay.

It is only going royally piss myself and others off when I see A N Other saying, they will get
o 30K for two IHG Brands stays
o 6K for booking 2stays at IHG.COM 'book with us' task

Surely the extremely dumb IHG marketing department should have realised, we would post our offers on the various user forums, and such big disparities will really upset some elites, especially elites like me whose targetted tasks are unrealistic/un-obtainable....

IN FACT ,,, just one unobtainable task prevents the big win as it is impossible to get the final bonus and if you can't get that final bonus, it is not worth attempting the 'stretch' targets on the barely doable tasks.
Looks like IHG has hired some data mining folks. The offers are apparently tailored to individual stay patterns in the past -- they are doable but will stretch you. Thus, if someone barely stays at IHG, s/he might get an easy task such as big points for just one stay; if someone stays mostly on weekends, the number of weekend nights in the offer will be even higher.

I'm not particularly happy with my offer either:

first stay = 1k
12 nights = 9k
5 different IHG brands (!) = 18k
survey = 0.1k
2 different city locations = 7.2k
5 Saturday nights = 7.2k
win big = 43k

total = 85.5k