FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:20 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Average Marriott

We had a room on the 14th floor with a balcony. The balcony was rather useless as it had no chairs on it and the in-room furniture was too large to fit through the door. The room was, otherwise, a typical Marriott room. The view was of the city and the water in the distance. The location is excellent, about a 5 minute walk to the waterfront. The concierge lounge was good for both the evening and morning services. Evening service consisted of cheeses, crackers, an artichoke dip and some sort of hot pork dish. I was disappointed that the lounge did not have the vermouth to make a martini, despite having martini glasses and a shaker. The lounge attendant said she didn't know what vermouth or a martini was. Another guest was equally astonished. And the price of a drink is WAY, WAY over the top at $10 plus a couple of dollars tax. Simply outrageous as I never paid more than $8 for a drink in any of the restaurants in Victoria. The morning service was pretty standard with scrambled eggs, bagels, croissants, and some cold cuts.

If returning to Victoria, I'm not sure we would stay there. There are other hotels with more rooms having great views of the Inner Harbour and don't charge guests over $10 for a drink.