FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Trip of a Million Lifetimes: 30 F/J Flights Around the World in 69 Days
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:52 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by beofotch
Regarding the booking, it was separate sessions. The AA ticket took about 2 hours to book, and had many schedule changes and tweaks after. The ANA ticket took about 1 hour to book, and also had many schedule changes. The UA ticket took about 45 minutes to book, and has not yet had a material schedule change.
You are very gracious, thank you very much. ^

I’m particularly fascinated and motivated by your experiences and reports as I’ve had no prior experiences with Around-the-World or Explorer award tickets. Please indulge just a few more clarification questions.

Re: “The AA ticket took about 2 hours to book, and had many schedule changes and tweaks after.” Did the schedule changes occur more than 24 hrs after initially booking the ticket? Did changes involve the itinerary? Did changes involve different dates? Were there any charges for any changes? Same questions for the ANA ticket and same questions also for any less-than-material changes to the UA ticket.

Thank you very very much once again. Thanks especially for tolerating me so thoroughly picking your brain. Eagerly awaiting your next report!