FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF Premium Voyager Review
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:57 pm
fb175091

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
I agree with what has been said about the Premium Voyageur product. I just flew TATL eastbound in AF PV. Normally, I avoid AF longhaul since the comfort of the seats is the most important thing for me and I find AF seats very unpleasant. Therefore, I decided to book PV instead of Y for about 300 EUR price difference for one single leg in PV (rest of the ticket in Y). Big mistake.

In comparison:

Catering. The same.

Leg room. Similar to exit rows in Y, so I could have had the same leg room in Y if I had made sure that I get a good seat.

Amenity kit. One pair of socks and ear plugs.

Seat. Terrible. It is wider than a Y seat, so a bit more comfortable (in fact, this is a major plus since AF Y seats feel extremely narrow). But the seat was so terribly uncomfortable that I would barely able to sleep, and I am normally someone who can sleep on airplanes. I think that a Y seat might have been more comfortable after all.

Cabin. Since there are 2+4+2 seats in a row, it's slightly more comfortable than the 3+4+3 in Y. Also, the cabin is relatively small, so that's a plus.

All in all, the parts that are better than Y are certainly not worth 300 EUR, and the only thing that I really cared about (seat comfort) was worse than in Y.

In the future, I will just continue to avoid AF on longhaul and make sure that I book KL instead (actually, just did that today when I had an option between AF and KL for an intercontinental flight and chose KL even though the AF flight had a more convenient departure time).