FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving to India | Move BAEC?
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:46 am
stickyfingers85

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
It is 4,191 miles to India. Definitely longhaul in my book and worth it for CW, but I can see that since it is not SIN, PVG or SYD some people might consider it a relatively short sector!

I would also ensure that your company will pay for all your removal costs, including all necessary administration and not just the cost of carriage.
Yes, anything over 9 hours is longhaul in my mind. I will see what they offer first, they might not mention anything about which class the flights will be, in which case I will book CW using the company travel agent without asking. The normal procedure is anything over 4 hours is always Business Class. WTP would be enough for me I think, but obviously CW is better.

I've done 5 return trips in CW to MAA in the past year and really enjoyed CW and the Avios that has come with it

It will be interesting to see what Avios/Tier Points you will be able to earn on QR when they join OneWorld in October. The flight times to MAA are slightly better for me than BA

According to you it seems I should be asking for quite a lot from my company each month.

> My Salary is very low right now, and jumping to a Manager position I was hoping for closer to 30% increase. I guess this is something I would have to negotiate hard for

> €4K per month for an apartment is a huge amount of money. I was recommended by a colleague already in India (different department) to ask for minimum of €1K and go from there. Accommodation in India is very expensive for good quality, and even more when you are a westerner...

> €10K for furniture!? I thought I was being cheeky asking for a furniture allowance at all! It is expensive, approx €800 for bed/mattress in India. The only reason I mentioned furniture allowance is because its much easier to find unfurnished apartments in India

> €2K for living allowance, again, I thought I was being a bit cheeky asking for this but I guess not...?

I'm not sure if its better to wait for HR to make me an offer first and then negotiate from there, or just to tell them exactly what I want straight off?

I'm in the good position in that there isn't anyone else they could send.