FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airtran not honoring promise to give vouchers? Need help!?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:05 pm
DanielC42

Question Airtran not honoring promise to give vouchers? Need help!?

Recently had a very bad experience with Airtran and was hoping someone would be able to give me some guidance.

On July 25th I boarded a flight from BWI > LAS, while on the runway we were ordered to return to the terminal. Once we reached the terminal we were informed the flight had been cancelled due to the crew restrictions in total flight hours. We were told to de-board and line up a customer service line. Once in line the Airtran customer service agent at the desk stated multiple times that all passengers would receive two round trip ticket vouchers for the inconvenience. Passengers were to be re-booked on later flights. Being near the back of the line the earliest they could book me was Sunday afternoon (this is Thursday night). Since my trip was a short visit I decided instead to re-book a few weeks out and try again. While at the counter I was instructed to call the customer service number with our confirmation # to receive the two voucher codes.

Upon calling the customer service, an agent informed me that no travel vouchers were issued in their system.

Airtran agents stated multiple times throughout the process in person that vouchers would be issued and apologized.

I was told unless someone at the airport provided some type of written proof of the voucher Airtran could not validate it. While at the airport I inquired multiple times about the vouchers and I was told (with everyone else) that vouchers would be provided by customers service at BWI but would be issued later via telephone and NOT in person at BWI.

I've talked with two customer service reps and sent in a request via the Airtran website. Anyone have any ideas on next steps to take? The flight was full and everyone aboard heard this same promise restated multiple times.

Thanks for the input seasoned travelers!

Daniel