FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:36 am
superbobx2

Programs: DL Plat, BA Gold
Recent trip

Returned from the Park Hyatt Vendome for 3 nights (2 with CC bonus, 1 on points). Overall very happy with the experience, esp. given that we weren't paying over 500 euro each night! They gave us a slightly larger room (I presume the standard rooms must be very small indeed) overlooking the courtyard, and for our honeymoon they sent us a complimentary bottle of very nice champagne. The rooms are very comfortable, and since we were out for most of the time walking, a larger room wouldn't have been of any use anyways! Always love the bathrooms at Park Hyatts, this one had the electronic bidet toilets and a bit over-the-top gold hardware on everything. The ceiling was also ridiculously high, which was nice.

I can confirm that the complimentary breakfast for first-time-travelers (indicated by numerous Platinums and non-status reviews before) to the Park Hyatt Vendome is no longer being given - I mentioned that someone was offered this before, and they told me it was a limited time promotion that has ended. I will contribute something to this breakfast debate by noting that there is plenty of Nespresso in your room (I think 6-8 pods, refreshed daily) and an Eric Kayser bakery literally a block away.

Other than that, it is everything you could ask for, nice location next to THE Cartier store, a few metro stations not far away. The spa was very nice, but unfortunately the whirlpool was out of commission while we were there. Concierge desk was very helpful - we had made reservations online for a few meals and they required confirmation 24-48 hours before, and the concierge desk took care of all of that so we didn't have to make any calls.

Last edited by superbobx2; Aug 22, 2013 at 11:43 am