FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:28 am
32767a

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Being FO is an odd situation. You get to use some aspects of SkyPriority but not all of them. FO's can use the SkyPriority check-in lines (they say "Silver Medallion" on them) and Zone 1 boards through the SkyPriority lane when boarding (but after First/Business and SkyPriority zones are called). And my understanding is some airports even extend priority security lanes to FOs. Perhaps it was an FO trying to game the system and cut the line or maybe it was an FO that wasn't aware of what benefits of SkyPriority they do and don't receive.
I've watched people game the system on a regular basis.. Saw a guy do it in AUS, make it through, then do the gate lice thing, inquire about his upgrade several times, look around at the bag tags of the other elites standing around and then board with F, only to sit in the middle of the back of Y. I have a hard time believing he didn't understand the benefits an FO gets with relation to the other classes. I only took an interest because he nearly ran over me in his zeal to get to the screening lane, then again when he was trying to get information from the GA about his upgrade.