FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:06 pm
fozziedoggie

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Spent one night at the Hilton Sydney 2 weeks ago before flying on to Perth (stayed at the Marriott Circular Quay on the way back because the Hilton rates were ungodly expensive for some reason). At check in, was told I was welcome to use the EL and enjoy breakfast there. I asked the clerk about having always gotten breakfast chits for Glass when staying there before and she said she was only authorized to offer me breakfast in the EL. When pushed, she agreed to double check with the front desk manager on duty and left a voice mail on my room phone later that afternoon apologizing and telling me that they couldn't authorize breakfast at Glass despite my diamond status.

Anyone else had a similar experience? Any ideas on what was going on with this?
Prices for full breakfast seem high: http://www.hiltonsydney.com.au/asset...0_July2013.pdf

Did they always allow Diamonds comp breakfast at Glass previously? Perhaps they revamped the menu (and prices); they could at least give you a credit amount towards a breakfast. I never seem to get more than $15USD towards full menu items wherever I go.