FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:49 am
sharka

Originally Posted by pinguy
My retired wife received her first ever cc from Chase last week. Yesterday, Citi denied her because of low income. She only has SS income. Kind of surprised because I am a high earner with little debt and a high net worth. The recon man (on chat) said household earnings did not count - just her earnings.

He did say the app is kept on file and if things change to call back within 90 days. I assume that to mean they will not do another HP if we call back. I'm going to put her on my payroll (I own a corporation) and then call back in about a month.

We live in Calif and we're a community property state. I forgot to mention that point to recon yesterday. I'm thinking of calling back today and pressing the community property issue with another rep.

Any other ideas?
Unfortunately, I dont think approval of this card is possible at this point, especially if they already noted her app. The Citi AA card happens to be the Signature/Platinum card , this is their top of the line card and holds a much higher threshold in both income and credit score. Perhaps your wife should look at applying for the gold card instead which have a lower threshold for approval.