FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:22 am
Mutu

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
[QUOTE=fripperies;21155535]

For Mrs F and me the overriding criterion is a window seat with no step-over. We can survive 10 hours without handling each other in public and don't mind sitting apart so in CW we generally take 62A/K on 747 or 5A/K on 777. On the A380 the equivalents appear to be (main deck) 15A/K and (upper deck) 53A/E/K plus 59A/E/K. Do you experts out there agree?

QUOTE]

Have just experienced 15A. I would say 15 A/B/J/K will be amongst the worst seats. The plane is so quiet that the noice of the toliet flush is all you hear (despite signs asking passengers to close the tiolet seat BEFORE flushing to keep noise down)

Really annoying

Also there are 2 toilets on each aisle and a curtain closed diagonally across the aisle - in effect one toliet is within the eceonomy cabin and the other one in the club cabin. BUt the traffic from economy coming through to the club cabin to use that toliet was almost constant.

On a night flight I imagine sleep would be very hard here.

As an aside the view from the window at 15A/K is just this VAST VAST white wing!! It really is impressive watching the moment it flexes!

Overall the cabin lacked any character - there is no speedmarque plaque on the rear bulkhed for those facing rearwards, and no centre lampshades (which gave a certain feel on the 747 and 777)

Also the magazine racks on the forward bulkhead are positioned quite centrally such that I imagine you will need to stand infront of 10D/E/F/G to review contents.

Didnt get to look upstairs but for me downstairs will not be appealing at all, totally underwhelmed in fact although the Y cabin did look good ironically