FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To the Land of Oz in First, Business and Economy
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:53 am
William Agius

To the Land of Oz in First, Business and Economy

PRELUDE

The evening before I am scheduled to embark on my journey I call my mum to remind her that I’ll be gone in the morning and won’t be back for another two weeks. The conversation runs smoothly, right up to the moment when my mother makes the mistake of asking – ‘So remind me, where is it again you’re off to this time?’ – and I make the evening bigger mistake of telling her, in all detail and glorious Technicolor, exactly where I’m going. All thirteen flights.

And then there is silence. In real time it probably lasts no more than a split second, but the silence is so heavily laden with my mother’s disapproval that it feels like an eternity. Until eventually the silence is broken by her stoic proclamation: ‘You’re nuts!’

Well admittedly, the whole thing is perhaps a tad over the top, even by my standards – thirteen flights in fourteen days. But I can explain everything and in all honesty, when I started planning my vacation, I never intended it to grow into such a monumental excursion. I just wanted to get away from it all. As far as way as I could possibly go. It’s just that somehow, somewhere along the line things got out of hand and I got a slightly carried away.

This trip report is a work in progress. I'm currently in Adelaide and I am posting all the parts to far. The rest will follow as I progress.

Part 1: British Airways, Business Class: Basel to London

Part 2: British Airways, First Class: London to Tokyo

Part 3: Qantas, Business Class: Tokyo to Sydney

Part 4: Virgin Australia, Business Class: Sydney to Uluru

Part 5: QantasLink, Economy Class: Uluru to Alice Springs

Part 6: Qantas, Economy Class: Alice Springs to Adelaide