FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK MBNA credit cards
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:27 am
S c 0 TT y

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I used to be just like you and was totally against credit cards.Learnt my mistake the hard way when an airline I had booked with went bust and I lost my money.

Just set up a direct debit and pay in full each month.

I'll probably give up my amex spg which I had been using on EK till the MBNA arrived.

One more card that I'm planning to apply for is the Diners club charge card.Unlimited free UK and several international lounge access not EK!!(similar to priority pass) for £50 a year.(and Just £19 for an additional cardholder) .

That's me and mrsukdoctor's lounge access sorted and I can cancel my Priority pass.
Thanks for that - I was told by a colleague that Amex carries some sort of cover for travel and guarantee if things go wrong but the guys over at MBNA don't have the specifics to give to me over the phone. This would be ideal as you say in case if things go wrong with purchases.

I was told Amex also carries warranty for electronic products i.e. if you purchase a laptop with an Amex card, your automatically entitled to some sort of cover. If this is the case, why o why didn't I move to credit cards sooner!

Thanks Doc.