FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Langham 1865 Program
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:07 am
macchiato

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen
macchiato,

Here is the T&C's for Langham's BRG

AFAIR, the rates were the same booking conditions, best available rates and did not require pre-payment and IIRC, the rates on the competing website - in my case wotif.com - the pre-paid rate on that site was also cheaper than Langham's website.

BRG's appear to be handled by the property you are staying at, I can't confirm this as gospel truth as I've only done the one BRG and it was handled directly with the property, though the claim form was submitted online.
Thanks. I read the BRG T&Cs beforehand and noticed that they did not specifically require booking the lowest rate (which is usually the advance purchase rate) to qualify for the BRG. My understanding as such was that just as long as you compare best flex vs. best flex, then you should be good - even if lower advance purchase rates were available on the Langham website. (I believe that was your experience with Langham Place in Hong Kong.)

However, given that there's no centralized BRG team, it seems like each property is given the leeway to interpret the T&Cs as they see fit, so some hotels are stricter than others. lcpteck's BRG claim with Langham Xintiandi was shot down:

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I tried with Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai.

No success as it seems you need to match against Langham's lowest rate (advance purchase rates). They even asked for booking confirmation email from the other provider.
Anyway, good to know LP Hong Kong is pretty lenient. ^