FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:46 pm
rdover1

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by wheelsup57
I have about six hours invested in The manufactured spending forum, so decided to take the plunge this afternoon.

Is it the case that can't buy a MasterCard gc or an Amex gc with a visa credit card?

Or, you can't by giftcards at walmart? Unlikely, I know.

As I say, I've made a genuine effort to study the forum, but where did I go wrong?

Finally, I know that I will need a pin, in order to load my visa giftcard onto my bluebird account when I return to Walmart. I expected to find a phone number on my new shiny visa giftcard, but all I saw where instructions to go online to my giftcardsite.com. Eventually, I did find a customer service number on the packaging that contained my new card. it was a number I should call if my card is about to expire.

Well I called,and was actually able to successfully set up a pin. Last rookie question. Even though the automated reception told me my card was activated , do I still have to register the card at mygiftcardsite.com?
Welcome.

Some places will not accept CC for GC. YMWV even at stores within the same chain.
Once you set a pin you do not need to register the card online unless you want to set your zip code for use outside of MS (such as gas stations or online, such as AP).

If you are buying GC for this stuff generally avoid MC. Avoid Amex as you can't set a pin. Of all the visa cards the 'best' is the OneVanilla GC as the fee is only $4.95 and you don't have to set a pin - the pin will be whatever number you use for a pin the 1st time you use it.