FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roll Call of External Miles and Points Resources
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:58 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
To the Mods:

This is a wonderful new forum and a very helpful sticky thread with a terrific Wikipost list at the top. Thank you. Two small suggestions.

It would be additionally helpful to see FT screen names/user names added to the list of blogs above. Some bloggers are gracious enough to indicate their blog in their user name (e.g., “ingy formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy”) or as a “signature” line at the bottom of their posts (e.g., sbm12: Hack.Travel | Cash Back on Booking Blog | Twitter | Tools |) but it seems that some do not. The veterans and highly active folks here all know who is who but for those of us with less experience it’s often difficult or impossible to determine.

It would also increase the visibility of the forum if “blog” or “blogger” were included in the title. FT is a very large site and even regular users can be overwhelmed by the massive amount of information and large number of forums. I was unaware of this forum until I noticed something TODAY which was posted in April. (SkiAdcock: On April 11, 2013, Talkboard passed 6-2-0: "Talkboard recommends the creation of a Points & Miles Blogs Forum") I then did a Google search for “flyertalk blog forum” and it took a bit of looking to finds this forum. Perhaps adding “blog” to the title would be helpful: Blogs and other External Miles and Points Resources or External Miles and Points Resources including Blogs.

Thank you very much.
Respectfully and gratefully,