FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UPGRADE Letter to SE
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2003, 5:19 pm
why fly
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parnel:
I went through this two years ago and got really PO'd with AC but they did nothing for me even after being SE for several years prior.I ended up with 78K that year and didn't get any targetted promotion;so you either quit flying them now for the rest of the year once you reach E and place your business somewhere else, like LH or UA. </font>
well you and i should both be flying with Uniteds program look at this offer for Q miles I like you get 70K a year and Elite is all i get! Wish i had put my points to United this year!
IP: Logged

ozstamps

From: Sydney OZ. KLM Platinum. UA 1K. SPG & HH Gold. From seat 15B on a 747 near you!
posted 05-02-2003 03:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by channa:
Actually, if you route it better, you can get away with full 2P status on just the one trip:

LAX-SFO-SYD-MEL-SYD-SFO-LAX
16,824 base miles
9,000 bonus miles for competitor statement faxing

25,824 total miles

Depending on whether you qualify via the great offer, 12,000 additional bonus miles (6 segments x 2,000 miles) that qualify for status. So, you could walk away from this with 37,824 status miles.

I am doing some math here.

Who qualifies for the 12,000 miles per trip you outline? I have lost the plot reading that long thread? Can you earn that multiple times? They are DEFINITELY status miles?

If you CAN ...... do this math

3 x 12,000 = 36,000

3 x statmenmt bonus = 9,000

3 x 16,824 flown = 50,472

Total = 95,472 STATUS miles?

Am I missing something here? i.e. would 3 x $738 fares ($2214) = tax give you darn near 1K status?! AND 3 visits to the the best country in the world ... needless to say.

Depends on those 3 lots of 12,000 and I really am unclear who the heck qualifies or those. Be interested in other's thoughts on this.

this is using the flight LAX to SYD