FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:46 am
stanj

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Recently completed a one-night stay. Arrived very late at night, so wasn't expecting much in the way of upgrades. We did get a corner room on the top floor looking out to the convention center, which I think was technically an upgrade. A bit noisy, but I thought it probably would be. They provided earplugs by the bed.

Check-in was friendly and acknowledged status. WiFi was adequate, free full breakfast buffet was quite good. No executive lounge. I think there were coupons for appetizer and drinks.

Only cons were the noise, the high valet-parking cost (we parked at the Ace garage about 2 blocks away), and the fact that they did not remove the feather comforter as requested (they did swap out the feather pillows, though). We even called on the way to the hotel to check on the feather removal.

Location is good, if you want to be in the Gaslamp/Convention Center/Petco Park area, but prone to traffic/pedestrian congestion and noise.

I'd stay here again, if the price is right, but overall I probably prefer the Bayfront. Although, I think Gaslamp has Bayfront beat on service and free breakfast offering.