FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Hotel Program Give Credit for Third Party Booking (hotels.com)?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:41 am
KiwionMissions

This is actually the real reason why I joined FTF today.

I do travel quite a bit, and had been IHG Priority member (by chance). I admit to not know anything about this hotel reward program, so when I was checked in to the Crowne Plaza few years ago, they offered me this membership form.

Had nothing better to do, I filled up the form and start using Priority to do all my bookings until early this year.

Because of things I need to do, my Priority status went down from Gold to nothing last year.

I know I will have plenty of traveling due this year, so early this year I start my bonus collecting again and planning to get at least back to my Gold status if not more by end of this year.

Alas, while in UK, I watch TV and get to see the Trivago add, and start looking into it. Into my surprise, Priority has higher prices to all hotels I wanted to stay while I am in USA. I still booked myself a HolidayInn while in USA, but not through Priority. I booked it through Booking.com. It was cheaper than the price they are charging me on Priority website.

It was my fault that I was not reading properly (informed myself better) about this program, I was just so sure that I will get the point as Priority has that Lowest Price guarantee thingy.

Needless to say, I was so upset to find out how wrong was I and was really really disappointed.

I still have over 57K points with Priority, but decided to leave the program and not want to be bothered ever again.

My question to the experts here is: Is any of this hotel reward programs really worthed?

Since the Priority disappointment, I went and educate myself and do more research on hotel reward programs, all seem to be selling more than other online booking companies out there; yet all having those fancy Lowest Price Guarantee thing on their website. Is not that misleading advertising?

Your honest opinion will be appreciated, as I really wonder why and how people can do and stick with it?

I personally do booking myself for all of my travels, and looking for a cheaper place to stay is sometime hard enough let alone to make comparison in each and every place I want to book?

Thanking you in advance.