FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Confirmed] SYD going UA 3 Cabin 777 in 2014 [and other 747 route changes]
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:53 pm
LordTentacle

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by 1kBill
+1.
If IFE was that darn important to them, they would already be flying QF, DL or Virgin.
This +1
Also if we cared about quality of service much the same

I give UA $20k per year flying out of sydney because they are the only airline that can get me easily to IAD & RIC & RDM & RSW
Screw with my comfort and I will give up my status and just fly cheapest carrier from now on... which would probobly end up being AirNZ where you still get real booze in Y for free....

Originally Posted by cfischer
wow, huge equipment upgrade on this route, I might now even consider flying UA
Downgrade for me
the BF seats are IMHO far WORSE on the CO777 compared to the upper deck on the 747 (I've flown both many times)
The lack of F is also anoying as whenever work books me into
The Y seats on the 747 are also IMHO better for my body shape/size (23k is always a win)

RE IFE....
If you dont already own an IPAD go buy a refurb 2nd gen 64gb and forget about ever thinking about IFE again (unless on direct tv equiped plane)

Also.... AFAIK none of the CO777's have wifi?
most of the 747's running the SYD route have had wifi for ages now and its worth $$$ to me to not be 1000emails behind when I get off the plane

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Have you flown LAX/SFO-SYD and tried upgrading? Those two routes are some of the toughest in the system to upgrade on. Even with a V, H, etc fare, I've seen multiple 1Ks (and that's not to mention 1P/2P) denied an upgrade..
Personally I'm at 11/12 for syd->lax/sfo on GPU's and 10/10 on Miles for the last 3 years

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm Reason: multi-quote