FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Trip To Japan in *A Business Class (UA, OZ, NH, JA, LH, US)
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:45 pm
LM225

Originally Posted by Superguy
I stayed there this past weekend on a layover heading back to the US.

One thing I didn't see you mention - and maybe it was just my room and floor - was the old, musty smell. I had a room on the 10th floor facing NRT. I walked into the room and about fell over with how old and stale the room smelled. I asked the bellman if all rooms were that way when he dropped off my bags. He brought me some air freshener which helped some, but had me really wishing I had some Fabreze on me. I was going to complain, but I realized when I stepped into the hall that it probably wouldn't do much good as the hall had a similar smell, although not as strong.

Anyone else experience this?

I'll also add that this place looked exactly the same as when I stayed there the first time in 2005. If it weren't for getting HHonors points and a relatively cheap price, I would pass on this hotel.
Hm, I was on the 11th floor, and that wasn't something I noticed. Aside from any sort of normal musty air that comes with most older hotels, there wasn't anything notable about it. Maybe it was just your floor?

I agree that it isn't a great hotel, by far the worst of my trip. But for a low rate, HHonors points and free breakfast (for Golds), it's hard to beat for an early flight out of NRT.