FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Housekeeping entered my room without knocking
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:24 am
convict

Programs: Starwood and Marriott Platinum
I was unaware that it was the responsibility of the guest to dead bolt the room door and put out the DND sign to prevent housekeeping from entering at 8:15am. In the real world, most of us are too busy to remember to put out the DND sign every night, and every once in a while go workout in the morning, come back, and forget to dead bolt the room. Sometimes, I have the DND sign out overnight and go for breakfast. The DND sign falls on the floor. I throw it into the room and go on my way. I then come back and shower.

Under no circumstance is it ok for housekeeping to enter at 8:15am. In fact, I would be annoyed if I was having a lie in and housekeeping woke me up at 8:15am with a knock. I just see no plausible reason for housekeeping to be cleaning my room at 8:15am, unless I have already checked out.

Originally Posted by toddml
Regardless of the knock if the Op had put the DND sign on or bolted the door it would not have happened. Both these events would have prevented the lack of knock also and if the Op had still beein the the shower HK would have entered the room as the Op would probably not have heard the knock! So it would from the chain of events point of view seem the Op had more chance to stop this happening than HK!

I am not saying HK shouldnt knock but I do think we should take more responsibility for our own actions as well and the possible follow on events from them, not everything is something to complain about!