FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Housekeeping entered my room without knocking
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:32 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by ConfusedInJapan
I disagree with your assessment. Let me correct one thing - I actually have no idea if she was shocked - I added that for dramatic effect.

I rarely complain about anything, and when I do it is always in very mild terms (complaining is not something that comes easily to me). Rest assured that when I spoke to the front desk I did it to let then know that I believe the maid entered without knocking and that 8.20 was too early for housekeeping on a Saturday. If other guests had the same issue then it seems totally reasonable that the front desk should be aware of this.

Furthermore, although I gave the impression of doubt about whether she knocked first, that was just my attempt to avoid the 'how can you be sure?' questions that would have followed otherwise. I had already finished getting dried and collected some things from the room when she entered.

I wish the maid no ill will
I am curious do you not think some of the fault / responsibilty lies with yourself for not using a DND at least or more sensibly the dead bolt for the door?

Either of these simple actions would have prevented the situation occuring at all and are provided to you in the hotel.