FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:51 pm
sound48

I'm planning my next AOR at the end of the month and like a lot of people I was looking for input:

Cards I have:
Amex: SPG, PRG, Business Gold, Blue Cash Preferred, Hilton Hhonors,
Citi: CSP, British Airways, Ink Plus
Citi: AA Visa, AA Business
Barclays: US Airways
BOA: Hawaiian Airlines
BOH: Hawaiian Airlines
US Bank: Club Carlson, Club Carlson Business

My last AOR was the end of Feb. I was denied on a Barclays card because I didn't have much of a history with Barclays at the time. Since then I've put some spend on the US Airways card to create a history of spend. I also had to cancel the United Explorer and Ink Bold for British Airways and Ink Plus approval.

I'm looking into:
SPG Business (Definitely going to go after)
Barclays Arrival (Definitely going to go after)
Alaska Airlines 40K
United Business 50K
Citi AA Visa 50K, possibly another or Citi Hilton the next week. (Probably going after at least 1 AA Visa)

Questions
1.I don't really want to close any Chase cards at the moment. If the CSP Mastercard ever becomes available again I'd like to cancel the Visa and go after it but I don't know if that will ever happen. It's been six months since my last applications and since then I've gotten an additional form of income to supplement my income. Would that be enough with 6 months between applications and the raise in income where I could apply for a Chase card and not have to worry about closing a card or should I wait longer? My first Chase card was opened September last year.

2.Assuming I get automatic approval for the Arrival, would it be pushing it to apply for a second Barclays card like another US Air?

3.I got the AA Visa last September, would there be any issues going after at least one and possibly two new AA Visa cards over a week period having one already? I was going to cancel the old one soon anyway to avoid the fee.

4.Last couple AOR I applied for 6 cards each time, that's why I waited 6 months for the next round. I was thinking of only going after 4 this time so I can apply again in 3 or 4 months. Does that seem like a small enough amount for that to work? There's many more cards I'd like to apply for, but I don't want to screw it up for next time.