FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Housekeeping entered my room without knocking
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:38 pm
ConfusedInJapan

Programs: StarAlliance (UA 1K), PriorityClub (Plat), SPG (Plat), OneWorld (AA), SkyTeam (KLM), Marriott (Gold)
Housekeeping entered my room without knocking

I'm staying at a four points just now.

On Saturday around 8.20 AM, the house keeping staff entered my room. I'm 99% sure they didn't knock first (there is always a chance I didn't hear them, but actually I was within a few feet of the door at the time so that is unlikely).

Unfortunately I was not long out of the shower so was completely naked! I grabbed the nearest towel but maybe I wasn't fast enough

Anyway, the housekeeper looked shocked, said sorry then left.

I complained to the front desk manager who apologized and said he'd look into it.

Do you think the response of the front desk was adequate? I'm in two minds about that: had I just been lounging around in the room I probably wouldn't have even complained. Perhaps it is the housekeeper who should be compensated

Before anyone asks: I'm pretty sure I didn't have the DND sign outside the door so I take some responsibility for that. I honestly didn't expect house keeping to be doing their rounds so early on a Saturday.

Anyway, I'm being extra careful to double lock the door now and am trying to avoid meeting the housekeepers in the hallway...