FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Speculation and discussion of what the new merged FFP might look like (conso
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:37 pm
Stripy

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
My guess is AA may well add a 75k level (e.g. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum - or Silver, Gold, Platinum and Chairman's, hmmm, or the like), and if they retain MM levels the whatever-50k-will-be-called lifetime folks will be at a disadvantage with 75k and 100k ahead of them for upgrades, etc. (After all, UA and US have them already; DL is the only one with 125k, so this could be marketed as an "advantage" over SkyMiles / Medallion status.)

I also don't think they will add a 125k level because if they do it will be in conflict with what oneworld offers; 75k will have all the benefits 50k have, lounge access, etc. but will earn some additional perks within the AA program.
Losing OW Sapphire and/or 100% RDM bonuses would be significant devaluations in the MM program but I agree that one of them will probably go. It's hard to say which would be the lesser of two evils - losing OW Sapphire would probably be a bigger blow to international travelers while not such a big deal to those who travel on mainly domestic itineraries (although it would still be a blow).