FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Trip To Japan in *A Business Class (UA, OZ, NH, JA, LH, US)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:39 pm
LM225

ANA Lounge(s), NRT Airport

We arrived at Narita about 15 minutes before the security gates opened, and by the time we collected our boarding passes, a line of 50-some passengers had formed (with no priority lanes to be found). Surprisingly, they worked through this line in only a couple of minutes, and we were shortly making our way through the terminal. After a quick stop to exchange my remaining JPY back to USD (at a surprisingly reasonable rate) and to buy some last-minute souvenirs for family back home, we walked up to the ANA lounge in the 50ish gates. This lounge was farther from our gate than the 40's lounge, but I'd read that it was superior and wanted to try both.

It really is a very nice lounge. Airy, lots of open space and windows with great views of the runway, and excellent food and drink options.

Around 30 minutes before boarding, we packed up and headed to the lounge closer to our gate, and found a much smaller, more cramped lounge with no windows.

It was only a five-ten minute walk between the two lounges using the tunnel, so if you're departing from T1, I'd highly recommend choosing the 50's lounge over the 40's one.

Boarding time came soon, and we left a minute early to get some facetime (well, through the gate window at least) with the A380...