FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:28 am
dubbin

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
I've added the seat map to the first post and attempted to summarise the seating comments from the inaugural flight TR thread:

World Traveller (Y)
  • eejp1007: the mini-cabins in Y upstairs are deffo the ones to go for as you have less people and the bins at the side but if you are downstairs then 20 has loads of leg room at the exits at the sides but not that much at the bassinet positions in the middle.
  • marbe166 (seated in 37K): legroom will be a problem when there is someone in the middle seat because the IFE box takes up more than half of the underseat space for the window seat...
  • nh1980: WT at the back of the UD was also very pleasant and I am sure people (non status) would willingly pay the premium to sit here.
  • NTA: a very small quiet [cabin] upstairs at the back, and seats with extra seat storage available

World Traveller Plus (W)
  • BotB: WT+ bulkhead row UD can just touch bulkhead with 183 cm length

Club World (J)
  • BotB: 10J is the winner [on the] main deck for footspace
  • NTA: the upstairs cabin is nicer, and has extra storage bins by the window seats ... The seat in the middle of the upper deck is quite strange and claustrophobic - it is a single bed, with dividers and walls on all sides of you. It is a bit of a "bodge" of a design - rather than making the seat wider, they have put a spacer down one side only so you have more shoulder space on your right hand side - but no extra space on your left hand side. The seat also suffers badly from the changes to usage of the privacy screen.

First (F)
  • NTA: Dividers between the middle seats have been improved, and are similar to those in BA's old first class cabin. No longer will you have to talk to your seat mate through what feels like a serving hatch!

I haven't parsed the linked videos for seat tips, or attempted to make judgement calls on the photos, though there may be clues there. I've also limited it to comments that help distinguish between specific seats within a given class. Of course I am open to corrections / additions, especially from those who have flown it and would like to flesh out the specifics. Thanks to those who shared their experiences.