FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will the new premier qualifying requirements spawn Dollar Runs?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:02 pm
OMAguy

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
Originally Posted by craz
Im sure some folks who can afford it and need 1K will pony up the $10K , but comes 2015 Im equally positive there will be a heck of a lot less 1Ks then there are today and PPs will swell. Not many people who are on their own Dime will pony up the $10k since they wouldn't be getting enough back in return. Those on their employers Dime will do an MR or 2 if they see they will fall short but close to the $10K mark, but most likely will simply UPfare a trip simply to avoid having to do an MR
i guess i have been doing it wrong all these years - i spend well over $10K on my own dime each year for my travel - it isnt in pursuit of 1K - i spend the money because i want to go places. all along i have not been concerned with this spend requirement - my normal patterns would qualify me.

and yes, if for some reason at the end of the year i was short $50 - i would buy a higher fare (doing a dollar run) - it is plain dumb to pass up the GPUs because you were $50 short...

Last edited by OMAguy; Aug 7, 2013 at 1:19 pm Reason: clarifying my incoherent statement