FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Louis Airport -- Marriott or Renaissance?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:26 am
nachosdelux

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
STL St Louis Airport Marriott FS Review

STL - Saint Louis Airport Marriott FS Review

Wanted to give a updated review on this property. They are doing a major renovation (may be done now) of the lobby, bar, restaurant, and common areas. Looks really nice and refreshing for a 1970's era property.

Located about 300 meters from STL Terminal 1 (can walk if needed), they offer free shuttles to/from both terminals every 20 minutes. Check in desks have been moved to the left of the entry doors. Parking is not free, but they often have AAA rates or park/fly deals where it is included.

I have stayed here about 20 times, usually the night before an early airline flight. There are 2 towers (Marquis is concierge rooms) and the lounge is on the 9th floor with a great airport view.

The lounge offers good evening snacks (great deserts) and nice breakfast. Closed on weekends, Golds/Plats get full buffet in restaurant (or 750 points if you prefer). Plat arrival gift is $10 coupon which can be used in lounge or bar or restaurant. As a PP, I usually get both arrival points and $10 cert.

The staff here is (in general) great.

Gym was just updated but have not seen it since complete.

Not much in walking distance, unfortunately.

I have been meaning to stay at the STL airport Renaissance to compare, but I have yet to do so.

Hope you enjoy your stay.