FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COPA Upgrades for United members?
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:31 am
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by SJOFlyer
Today i was served one of the best shrimp meal I've had in a plane while in business.

Also reporting that my upgrade with Copa this year as a 1K has been 8/8
With the qualification "...I've had in a plane.." you have not set the bar very high.

As I said in my earlier post, I understand that many people like the food. For me, it is typical airline food that would disappoint me if I paid $12 for it in a restaurant. It's hard to make a good meal that can hold up in a warming cart for several hours. IME, on COPA and most airlines the food is under seasoned and the meat is always overcooked. The salads always have huge chunks of tomato and lettuce that have to be cut with a knife and fork. However, I don't agree that it's "nasty" and I usually eat the whole thing if I'm hungry.

Our snack on the short flight from PTY to MDE last Saturday was smoked salmon and bagels. The bagels were frozen at one time and went straight to partly stale. The smoked salmon was heavy and salty - the same that I get when I buy the cheapest pre-packaged stuff I can find at the supermarket. But, I ate the whole thing...

I do prefer the Y food, though. I will take a 4-pack of real* Oreos any day over a "sundae" made from economy-grade ice cream (usually with ice crystals) and a sauce made with corn syrup and chocolate flavoring. I'm also the type that likes a simple white bread and bologna sandwich, so I am happy with the "pollo o jamon."

My upgrade score is better so far this year as a PLT (28/29) than it was last year as a 1K (I didn't keep score, but I flew in back at least 3 times).

*Yes, I understand that the ingredients in Oreos are as artificial as can be. But, Nabisco knows how to pull it off.