FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:07 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Zarf4
Was wondering if anyone who participated in this recent promotion noticed the same.

A week or so ago I did the on-line game thingie which offered a 10% off your next AA flight code. I read the T&Cs pretty carefully for a window when the code must be booked and expiration of the code. Was expecting the standard this is good for flights booked tomorrow with travel to be completed the day after tomorrow, but didn't see anything like that.

I went ahead and did the promotion, received the e-mail congrats, here is your code message and also read the fine print carefully - still no window of validity.

An hour ago I received a 'You received an earlier email that included your 10% off discount code from American Airlines. As a reminder, the discount code is only valid for flights booked by August 31, 2013 for travel taken by November 15, 2013. Travel is not permitted between August 30, 2013 and September 2, 2013." along with the full small-print terms and conditions, similar terms to the 10% codes offered in another thread.

Am thinking this might be an AA CYA memo for something they forgot to include earlier. Was wondering if someone else happened to notice the same thing or if I just missed it.

Edit: I apologize if this looks silly here especially considering the title of this thread. I started it as a new thread because I didn't feel like it was really covered by the same topic and comments offered here. I wanted to point out that I don't think AA lived up to their original offer but wanted to see if I just missed something before sending a note to AA but obviously the mods disagree.
I posted the terms earlier, but they were only visible by entering the code and looking at the code restrictions. This was not in the email I received when I got the code. I never got the email you are referring to either.