FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:27 pm
MaximusDamon

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
I apologize for the impression that I was "throwing a tantrum" by capitalizing the request for the written reference. I am used to using text messages on my phone which is the only way to emphasize wording and forgot that I could use bold here in this forum. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to see where this rule is written that differs from what I read.

These forums on FT can sometimes get personal and sound like an attack...which I've always found odd. If someone else has a different opinion or experience at a brand that is a favorite of someone, that doesn't necessarily need to get personal...it's just a different opinion, experience, or at times frustration coming out from someone who has had a stressful experience. During those times we are not all at our best...and I'm the first to admit I get frustrated and stressed during travel and have taken that frustration to this board in search of an answer or to share my experience. It is at those times I do not always write as dispassionately or considerately as I should. For that again, I apologize to anyone who was offended.

Now to explain the reason I continued to ask for the written rule:

Many frequent travelers have standard operating procedures and this board not only discusses the actual rules but in many cases the "best practices" to include standard operating procedures. I also understood that this program was recently revamped when it changed its name from Priority Club to IHG Rewards and simply wanted to be sure that information being shared was not only "the way we always did it", but also the actual program rules. Based on what I read and had shared earlier, the benefits page lists extended checkout and room upgrade among other things, but only lists the caveat "subject to availability" next to room upgrade. To most readers who don't actually pour over the fine print in the T&C (and I would say most customers do not actually read the T&C), this is at the least misleading. In other words, why mention it against one benefit and not any of the others?

I appreciate the info and being pointed to the T&C which state that Special Services including extended checkout are subject to availability. That was in fact the question I was originally asking and again, my apologies if I didn't ask that correctly.

I do maintain that for those customers new to this chain, that the benefits page is confusing and think IHG Rewards would be better off adding the footnote that these various benefits are "subject to availability" on the main benefits page, as they have done for the room upgrades benefit.

Thanks.