FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turks & Caicos Trip Report: Grace Bay Club & Amanyara
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:18 pm
bobjunior

Programs: SPG Marriott Gold
With kids...

I'm planning to book here for late august and am traveling with a 2.5 yo and 6 mos old.

Regarding room style: We try wherever we go to stay in suites that have a separated second room (doesn't need to be bedroom per se) that we can sleep the kids in cribs in at 7.30pm, leaving another space for us to be after they're down. Can anyone advise as to whether the pavilions have a separate enough secondary, closed-off space for the babies? The Sri Lanka reservations office seemed to think so but also hesitated to call any area other than the main part of the pavilion a separate room. I know there's obviously an outdoor area we could spend time in.

Regarding upgrades, what are the odds on getting upgraded to an ocean or pool pavilion if we book a standard (late August)?

And finally, any thoughts on bugs/mosquitos or humidity/temperatures that we should consider in terms of babies? They're both well behaved and will stay with us. We're just looking for a little time on the beach and in our room to relax and recharge... I'm just a touch concerned about hurricane season.

Thanks!!