FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most special food/drinks you have had on a flight?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:38 am
UrbaneGent

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Great reading everyone's posts...thanks for sharing!

Currently, I love the caviar LH serves in F, toast with sour cream and chopped egg whites and yolks. I can eat the entire offering if I could.

Going back in time, two stand out...

Concorde's evening flights on BA to LHR from JFK, up until the last flight, served amazing meals. For many years (10 years?), BA offered, as a choice of appetizer, a huge lobster mango salad where there were so many lobster pieces, it would overflow off the plate. Beluga caviar was served on the side. I would always get the lamb, with a simple red wine sauce, served with potatoes for dinner; it was like eating at a five-star restaurant in New York. Dining was like a celebration - and the scent of 1992 Dom filled the cabin because it was being poured constantly (and the Krug Brut). Just great times.

The return brunch to JFK from LHR wasn't as exciting.

I have to figure out a way to post a picture of a desert served on SQ from FRA-SIN in F class, it was so incredibly presented, and equally delicious, I took a picture (the only food picture I have ever taken on an airplane, in all my years of travel). It was a two scoops of ice cream, one pistachio and one vanilla, served in a waffle cup, with pistachio shavings and caramel lines on top of it, truly incredible presentation.

Thanks for letting me share!

UG