FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:48 am
ngfan

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
So you had a recent experience on a LH 748 aircraft?

I had and I can confirm it was terribly cold on the ground and the crew had no option to adjust. It was not just cold, it was terribly cold.
Just off a 748 in F, 1A, night flight. Same experience here. Freezing cold prior to t/o and some minutes after t/o (from a warm and humid MIA FWIW). Air blowing directly in my face, no adjustments to direct the air stream possible. Several F pax complained and they raised the temp to an acceptable level after t/o (took a while to feel an improvement). During sleeping time it was too warm. So a proper aircon seems to be one of the unsolved challenges of air transport.

1A and 1K feel private but the regular traffic to the front cabinet to stow the bedding before landing can be disturbing when skipping the bf and trying to sleep as long as possible. For the fainthearted, the noise coming from rain or thunder while flying through rough weather can be well heard in row 1. I would choose row 2 next time.

Last edited by ngfan; Aug 3, 2013 at 7:54 am