FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:26 am
SleepOverGreenland

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by myfanfan9
Three weeks ago, FRA-HKG and return. Both cases, way too hot in the plane, before takeoff, during the meal and especially during the "sleeping time". I had to sleep above the blanket.

The crew were also suffering from the heat, whereas people seated along the windows were complaining about cold draft. As I was travelling as couple, the only correct option was the middle seats!
Yeah, travelling as a couple is not an easy one on that plane. When I booked the FRA-LAX a couple weeks ago the two middle seats were already taken. So I chose 1A and 1K. Another couple ended up in 2A and 3K and I still remember the lady in 2K just behind, which was Maria Sharapova on her way to meet Jimbo and announce him as her new trainer.

Actually when I asked to heat up after boarding (It was really just about 15C (60F) - no kidding) I was told by the FA that they can't do anything against it. After all the complaints about too warm planes the B748 design was set way to cool. This is what we got told. It went better, even a little bit too warm during the flight.

After all I was not impressed about the 748. Bad layout for travelling as a couple, all happens behind, no way to see when the lavs are occupied, more shaky than the UD. If I would have a choice of aircraft - which I usually never have since route and schedule counts - the 748 would be the last choice in the LH fleet.