FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:03 am
pogonation

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Continuation of report:

Had a bath last night.. The tub is very very large and really nice to relax in. The TV at the foot of the bath is a good feature as are the bath salts in a small pot next to the bath. Bed is very comfortable and managed to get a good sleep until I heard a pack of dogs somewhere in the city having a fight.. and was then woken up again in the morning by the sound of cars and construction on a building nearby. Note to future guests: Always request a room facing the courtyard as the soundproofing in the rooms is pretty poor (I am on the top floor and can hear every motorbike/horn/drill etc.).

I ordered 2 deserts from room service last night. Unfortunately the folder in my room was empty, so there is no hotel information or menus etc. Room service apologised and personally delivered a menu to the room ^ The deserts were very tasty and well presented ^

Breakfast this morning was very good (some confusion about diamond breakfast as I was told my b'fast wasn't included but all sorted out in the end ^). I was told that I was entitled to anything on the menu so went for the eggs benedict and the continental buffet. Eggs benedict was delicious and better than the PH Paris and the continental buffet spread was good and very tasty ^ Coffee was very nice and lots of options available. The only place that was a bit patchy was the juice as they had no fresh orange, pineapple or grapefruit available as they had either run out or don't include it in the menu. I asked for just the normal pineapple juice but it must have gone off as it tasted like alcohol and was very acidy and unpleasant to taste. Service throughout breakfast was very good and very friendly but still lacking a bit of the refinement you expect at a PH. So in conclusion, the breakfast is done very well and the service was very friendly although they need to sort out the drinks situation, which I am sure they will do as time goes on ^

The communal areas in the hotel are decorated beautifully and furnishings are very luxurious. The courtyards are very nice and there are plenty of outdoor areas to chill out (swinging chairs, deck chairs etc.).

All employees in the hotel are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. I am very impressed that all employees I have come into contact with have remembered my name and address me as Mr. Pogonation whenever we meet ^