FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disney World accomondation
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:53 pm
WillCAD

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Yes, for $160 per night you can get a room at one of the Disney Value-level resorts almost year-round; they only go above $160 during Peak and Holiday seasons like New Years, July 4, and Valentines Day. During the slack seasons, they're even lower.

For the rack rates of the All-Star Resorts, which are three of WDW's five Value-level resorts (meaning undiscounted, kinda like the "sticker price" of the room), see this chart:
http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-all-...-season-dates/

As you can see, if you want to go in December, it's best to go in early December. The cost of a room at All-Star Music between Nov 30 and Dec 12 is $98 weekday/$118 weekend.

I have been to WDW many times in early December; in fact, my 2013 trip is the first week of December. It's a great time to go, because once the Thanksgiving crowds clear out, crowd levels are very low. The holiday decorations and music are also terrific, and there are special holiday events all through December, such as the Candlelight Processional and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

NOTE: If you've never been to WDW, or you've never booked directly with them, a good travel agent can be very helpful. Unlike most destination, Disney-specialized travel agents don't mark up the packages; their fees come from Disney, and you can often get better rates and packages than you could if you booked yourself or used a regular travel agent. Lots of people swear by AAA. My own TA is MouseFanTravel, but there are several other similar agencies.

If the DisBoards is intimidating to you, you might check out Tagrel.com. It's a smaller message board site, a fairly tight community of friends who have been chatting online for more than ten years. I moderate there. I can tell you, there is no board on the web that's as welcoming and friendly, and no place you can go to get better or more relevant info on WDW, DCL, or DLR vacations. Full disclosure: My TA, MouseFan Travel, is an official sponsor of Tagrel.com, for about the last 3 years of our 10-year existence.

I love helping people plan their trips. Helps pass the time between my own!