FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:05 am
tangey

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
I just checked out of this hotel. Used points. Would not stay again...and definitely would NOT pay for this hotel. The most annoying thing to me was the denied late check out. I guess I haven't used that benefit before as a platinum and only at IC (Ambassador) so fully expected it without having to ask (am also used to SPG Plat). At 1 PM despite having a privacy sign on the door a very abrupt person came to the door and said we needed to get out NOW.
Although I do agree that late checkout is a guaranteed benefit, you of course need to tell them in advance that you are going to require it, thus allowing them the time to re-adjust check-in times/expectations. Your room was on the list to be cleaned out by the regular cleaning staff (not the late checkout cleaners) . It was also on the list that it would be available for a 2pm or whatever check-in. They can't automatically hold every single plat room for late checkout, plats are much more common in IHG than in SPG. And anyhow, how are they supposed to know what time you are going to leave at. 3pm, 4pm, 6pm ? Even ambassador status at IC hotels only get late check-out UP TO 4pm. i.e. the max is 4pm, but they might only give you 2pm.

It sounds like you didn't tell them the night before. If that's the case, just staying in the room at hr after checkout lead to the whole confrontation, putting staff on the back foot, and leaving you afronted. Unless there is more to the story that you havn't included, the hotel didn't deny late-checkout, you didn't request it until an hour after the checkout time.

Last edited by tangey; Aug 2, 2013 at 10:25 am