FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Reports : BA A380 'training' flights between LHR and FRA, inaugural flight 2 Aug
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:55 am
yellow_peril

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gav0106
Ohh does that mean you got to see some hidden places
Who could say!!??!! If we did, we wouldn't brag about it would we?

My perspective from down the back in row 20.

There were 3 boarding bridges attached at T5C, two on the lower deck and one on the upper deck. We all boarded through the door between Club and First on the lower deck and walked through to the back.

This was my first time on an A380 and it was so quiet, there was so little take off noise they should play a tape recording of a rattly B747 take off to remind pax that they are on their way.

Very comfy seats in Y, look good and kind on the bottom. I think that the mini-cabins in Y upstairs are deffo the ones to go for as you have less people and the bins at the side but if you are downstairs then 20 has loads of leg room at the exits at the sides but not that much at the bassinet positions in the middle.

Bit of a shock coming into land as it had been so quiet that the noise of the gear dropping and the wind was (comparatively) REALLY loud!

Great flight, great crew, some on their first A380 flight also and a good evolution of the BA product.

I forgot to put my phone on flight mode before boarding so no pics from me I'm afraid. I will await Schwann and the video diaroma!

Everyone else is now on the plane home, I have had a lovely shower in the very quiet CX lounge and will see some of you on the 911 tonight!

Ed