FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A trip to Myanmar (Burma) - SK, TG C, LH C (w/pics)
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:39 pm
broenor

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
Inle Lake
The nearest airport for Inle Lake is Heho. The flight from Mandalay to Heho took about 30 min, and was still with Air Bagan, operated by Asian Wings Airways with the same ATR 72-500 aircraft. From the airport there was an hour transit to the hotel in the small village Nyaungshwe near Inle Lake. Both Bagan and Mandalay is in Myanmar’s dry zone. The scenery in the Inle Lake area is more mountainous and lush with (luckily) a cooler climate. Rice fields, marshes and mountains make a very nice landscape.

In Nyaungshwe I stayed at Amazing hotel. This was the most stylish hotel I stayed at in Myanmar.

Outside dining area, for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Colorful markets are rotating between several villages in the region. Among them is the village of Shwenyuang.

Kitchen at market restaurant

Colourful fabrics

Transport to and from the market

I really enjoy walking around in markets when I'm travelling. Espesially when it is so different from what you are jused in your home country. (My local supermarket is somehow a little dull in comparision. But who knows, soon there may be loads of asian turist touring the supermarket and taking photos of me and the vacum packed salmon in my shooping cart... :-))

To explore the area around the village, I rented a bike. This was a great way to get around and to see the scenery.

Last edited by broenor; Aug 26, 2013 at 2:01 pm