FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 pm
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I was really underwhelmed by the one at F. It's a fair size, and the showers thing could be important to some. OTOH, they assume everyone's on wi-fi as far as Internet goes and the food/drink is, IMO, way substandard to most partner lounges globally. Not much of the drink is self-serve, and signage for what's available and what's charged extra is woefully inadeqauate at the bar. Maybe they think if they put out a refrigerator with Coke cans and some bottles with baseline hooch (Jack Daniels, etc.) or Chilean wine that people overindulge, even though most lounges still do it that way. When the place is full there also isn't enough staffing at the bar to do the drinks.

It seems like the kind of rationing you'd see at some bad all-inclusive resort that'd promise everything and then try to deliver as little as they can once you got there.

Compared to large hub clubs of ST partners in places like AMS, MEX, and ICN, the ATL one seems to reek of cost-cutting. If I were paying annually I'd be none too thrilled.

Last edited by RustyC; Jul 31, 2013 at 3:36 pm