FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Blu-Mall of America
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2013, 6:46 pm
merle123

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mrredskin
any reports? wife is staying here in a few months (I'm jealous).
My wife and stayed on an Award stay a few weeks ago on a Friday and Saturday night. My status is gold and were were given a room on the 12th floor (out of 13 floors) which is one of the executive floors. The rooms are a ultra modern look - similar to an Aloft but bigger and nicer.

Our room was, I believe 1206. The elevators are not located anywhere close to the center of the hallways and we had to walk a very long way to our room. It isn't so bad once or twice a day but if you are going back and forth to the lounge and/or the pool or shopping, it can be a bit long. I would ask to be place somewhere near the elevators - I don't think noise would be an issue.

I would also recommend the "even" side of the hotel on an upper floor - you can see the downtown skylines of both Minneapolis and St. Paul as well as watch planes land and take-off. The windows are completely sound proof.

There is a lounge on the 13th floor offering complimentary soda and water all day. There is complimentary beer and wine along with light snacks available from 5-7 or 5-8 (I didn't pay much attention as we didn't stay long either night). There is complimentary continental breakfast in the AM. The lounge is very nice - many different types of seating arrangements.

The staff is extremely polite and attentive. The fitness area is about the largest and well stocked I've ever seen. The swimming pool and the seating area are subpar, in my opinion. No hot tub at all and the furniture is not very comfortable.

It is, of course, extremely convenient for shopping, eating, movie theater, etc. I have a load of Club Carlson points and we used 50,000 for 2 nights (bonus night because of the Club Carlson Visa). I would highly recommend this hotel.