FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United employee accused of stealing luggage during Asiana crash diversions
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:12 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
I saw this story on KTVU-2 news last night (yes, that station!), and the reporter made a couple of points not in the article linked above:

• The crime was exposed because the owner of the returned garments had a personal shopper at Nordstrom, who noticed the returns and called the owner to ask why she (I believe was she) returned them. When she said they were stolen, surveillance footage was reviewed to find the perp. Not sure if details were missing, but that is my recollection.
  • The connection to Asiana 214 was that, in the aftermath of the crash, apparently a lot of luggage was lying around baggage claim, due to the large number of IRROPS. I also thought the news report said the perp did not steal the bags but rather took items out of them, but this article indicates otherwise.

Interestingly, the KTVU reporter and anchor pronounced Asiana, the name of the airline that threatneed to sue the station, as "AH-see-AWN-uh." Is that correct?