FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:01 am
Sarfa33

Programs: Nothing current
Originally Posted by Tiki
I'm in the process of an AOR. I want to apply for the Amex PRG personal 25k after $2000 spend. The application landing page makes no mention of the 25k bonus. This is what it says.

Selected Card Image
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Average Cardmember Rating:#
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year of Card membership, then $175. There is no annual fee for up to 5 Additional Cards. The annual fee for 6 or more Additional Cards is $35 for each Card.
REVIEW CARD BENEFITS
See FAQs
Rates and Fees

There is no mention of the bonus in the FAQ or other links.

I have a SPG Amex and no other Amex that earns Membership Rewards. I don't want to get screwed over on this deal. How can I make sure I will get the bonus before I apply?

*****************Update: I called the number that was on creditcards.com 877-915-6387. A lady processed the app, approved it and confirmed that I would get the 25k after $2000 spend. I made a point of asking her if the SPG card would disqualify me and she said it wouldn't.
The Amex website has a strange (intentional?) quirk whereby you sometimes get taken to a different landing page for a credit card if you have logged into the Amex site in the past and have their cookie in your browser (i.e. they can identify you as already being an Amex customer). This might be what happened in your case. In the future, if you see something like this happen again, clear your cookies, close and restart your browser, and then click through to the credit card landing page again and see what happens.

-S